Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jack Brown Ale

Jack Brown (Porter?)

4.5 - 5.5% ABV?

1 out of 5

First, sorry for the blurry picture.

The Jack website considers this beer to be a porter, but it is much closer to a brown so I'm just going to call it a brown. There is no description on the bottle, hence the confusion. I've had this brown before and thought it to be a fairly good example of a brown ale. My most recent experience though with the beer was pretty bad. It had a very alcoholic taste, poured very muddy and cloudy, and really just tasted like bad homebrew. My guess is the Jack operation is very small and they do not make very consistent beers. The only time I had their Chocolate Stout I thought it was a well made beer, but this attempt at drinking the brown is making me rethink trying Jack beers again.

You can try Jack at Al Andar in the Centro Histórico, and at Casa Azul (a pizza place), El Deposito, and Frankfurt in the Condesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment