Monday, July 11, 2011

Metal Warriors in Oaxaca City

This blog is about records, beer, and Mexico City, but this post is about none of those things. I created the rules so I can break them right? Anyway, I spent a few days in Oaxaca City, and I thought I would share some of my finds that are relevant to the blog.

First up is this small little shop called Metal Warriors that is located just south of the Zocalo. It is mostly t-shirts and other metal paraphernalia, but the shop does have a small but well chosen selection of Mexican metal CDs, and a few cassettes. The owner of the shop, Edgar, was nice enough to talk to me for a while and play me several different discs of modern Mexican metal. One thing I have been trying to do while living in Mexico is learn more about some of the obscure bands that rarely get noticed. I found a couple CDs I had been looking for, and learned about a few others, which is material for a separate post. Edgar also organizes metal shows in Oaxaca, in case you happen to be there long term.

If you happen to go to Oaxaca City and like metal, check out the shop. It is located at Trujano 301, between J.P. Garcia and Diaz Ordaz.

1 comment:

  1. HEY AMIGO ! QUE BUENO ENCONTRAR TU BLOG! SOY EDGAR DE OAXACA! SOLO TE QUIERO DAR LAS GRACIAS POR LA PEQUEÑA RESEÑA! QUE ANDES BIEN SI GUSTAS PUEDES BUSCARME EN FACEBOOK

    EDGAR JIMENEZ
    FACEBOOK.COM/METALWARRIORSOAX

    LONG LIVE TO HEAVY METAL FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete