Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Belgian Beers

Here is a random selection of Belgian beers that I have laying around the house. Belgian beers are relatively easy to find in Mexico City. I'm not exactly sure why, but it is much easier to find a large assortment of beers from Belgium than just about any beer from the U.S. While I don't think I have had a Belgian beer I truly disliked, it is a rare occasion that I will buy one here in Mexico because they are so expensive. Individual bottles usually range in price from 40-60 pesos. The only reason I have so many pictured here is Superama was having a clearance sale on their imported beers for 25 pesos/bottle.

I do not plan on reviewing individual imported brews, but if I was going to recommend one of the 12 pictured here, I would suggest the St. Bernardus Wit, the best wheat beer I've had in a long time.

You can find these and other Belgian beers for sale at La Belga, El Deposito, The Beer Box and occasionally at large supermarkets.

No comments:

Post a Comment