Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tijuana Bufadora Premium Lager

TJ Beer Bufadora Maibock/Helles Bock

7.5%ABV

3 out of 5

TJ Beer considers this a Maibock, a style I am not particularly familiar with, but I was expecting a strong lager and that is more or less what this beer is. It is light and easy to drink, which is slightly dangerous with the high alcohol content. This golden-colored lager is slightly sweet with a hint of caramel. While this is a good beer, my main problem with this beer is that I don't particularly care to drink beers with such a high ABV that aren't ales. I like lagers on hot days, on the beach, or when I want to have several beers at a time, but this particular beer doesn't really work for that. Their Tijuana Guera is probably better suited to my tastes for lagers, but don't let that scare you away from the Bufadora. It is a good beer, I just do not see myself drinking this very often.

The Bufadora is available at La Belga for 28 pesos/bottle.

Getting to La Belga: Metrobus - Linea 1, Sonora stop; or Linea 3, Hospital General stop. Metro - Hospital General. (You'll need a map to walk from these stops to La Belga).

No comments:

Post a Comment